Friday 3 April 2015

Prologue

Starting a blog is far more daunting that I originally thought, and thinking of a suitable name was just as hard. A Room with a Review comes from E.M. Forster's 1908 novel A Room with a View, a name I was therefore pretty smug about until my sister pointed out my blog sounded more like it reviewed hotels than books. I stuck with it anyway, assuming anyone who is as big a book nerd as myself will get it.

Reading books has always been a passion of mine. Every Christmas and birthday, I would eagerly await opening that rectangular present, and as soon as it was open, I would be reading it. No other present would compare. A little geeky, you're probably thinking, but we're talking Jacqueline Wilson and J.K. Rowling, not War and Peace (though I will conquer that book one day). If I wasn't reading a book, I would usually have a pen in my hand, writing my diary, something I was desperately enthusiastic about after reading The Princess Diaries. I have long since stopped keeping a diary (and reading Meg Cabot), and have always regretted it. So this is kind of like my new form of diary, linking two passions together; books and writing.

My taste has darkened a little since reading about Tracy Beaker and Mia Thermopolis, though. My bookshelves are now filled with stories about possessed cars and authors held hostage by crazed fans, so expect to see some horrors and crime novels amongst the reviews. However, I will pick up most genres so you will see a variety of books on this blog, and I will be honest about all of them. 

Feel free to comment your own opinions about the books that I review too!

Thanks for reading!

Nina x

No comments:

Post a Comment